23 November 2009

Mail Call

For Johnny's centennial, I decided to promote this blog on a few other forums. Here are some of the replies:

Hi Mark ~
I remember Clint Eastwood directed the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil which mentioned Mercer several times and used his tunes (by other artists)... I thought it was a good movie. I like Dr. John's version of "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive"!
IGOR)))
[Note from Mark: Dr. John corrected the spelling to "Accentuate"!]

"Dream" is a wonderful song!!!!
rick

The Man who just happened to write the lyrics [music by Rube Bloom] to my all-time favorite 45 rpm record: "Fools Rush In" by Rick Nelson feat. James Burton.
Henry_Valentine

The songs he wrote with Harold Arlen are some of my all-time favorite "standards". Timeless, outstanding songs. Here's to you, Johnny.
Sir_Ten

You should come down to Savannah, Ga. We're celebrating.
boro_blues

Love his house! (as featured in the Eastwood adaptation of "Midnight In The Garden Of Good & Evil".
TAFKA-BingoMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment